Sunday, May 12, 2013

Slow and Steady

Happy Mother's Day!!!  I absolutely adore my mom and am so thankful for everything she has done for me (and put up with from me!).  I started making this quilt for her back in October. She loves snowmen and has quite the collection grown over the years. Once completed, this quilt will feature some hand embroidered snowmen in the center of it.  I've finished all the redwork (is it called bluework if it isn't red?!) and am now working on the outside blocks. These are the first I've attempted that have triangles in them...so I'm pleased for a first time go at it.
The plan is to finish piecing this one by July (so that she can get it in time for Christmas!) so i'll post some more about it once it comes together. Until then, know that I was thinking about you today, mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment