Monday, December 31, 2012

First Quilt Projects


My mother-in-law is an amazing quilter and this summer she introduced me to it with a small little project so that I could learn some basics.

Since then, I've been working on a couple of projects. My first completed quilt was a gift to my friend who was expecting her first baby (who she has since given birth to and both mom and baby are AMAZING).



Since I had never done real quilting of a blanket before I decided to go with something I could use my walking foot on, hence the squared angles. I also wanted to add something extra for baby so I found this poem online and added it to the label on the back (along with an elephant that I cut from the fabric I used). The poem is basically a note to mom and baby letting them know it is okay to use and abuse the quilt in the name of love. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment